Saturday, February 19, 2011

Baileys of Glenrowan Founder Liqueur Muscat

Back when I was starting to develop an interest in Australian wine, Len Evans' Complete Book of Australian Wine was, to all intents and purposes, the bible (at least it was in my neck of the woods) and while some of the icons that emerged from its pages have been supplanted in my own estimation, I think an abiding appreciation of north-east Victorian liqueur muscat will be with me till they carry me away in the pine box.

Baileys of Glenrowan Founder Liqueur Muscat NV (4.5* $25/ $21.25 1870s Club) While it's impossible to be entirely accurate where memory is concerned, the varietal intensity through the nose and across the palate takes me right back to the old HJT Liqueur Muscat, my own long term benchmark for the style. Full-flavoured with a lusciouusness across the palate that will keep the I'm getting a bit of crowd busy, Obtaining a regular supply was the main reason for joining the 1870s Club, and i want a bottle of this as a permanent fixture on top of the wine rack, at least until I can afford the Winemakers Selection Rare Old Muscat ($75/ $53,75 1870s Club for 375ml on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment