Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tahbilk 2009 Cabernet Franc (Relocated)

Anyone looking for a source of everyday drinking wines that aren't the offspring of industrial scale production by multinational concerns could do a lot worse than Tahbilk, which offers freight free delivery along th eastern seaboard (handy when you live where I do) that's remarkably quick (I've had a Monday morning order delivered lunchtime Thursday). Whether the mixed dozen I ordered last night gets through as quickly in the current circumstances is, of course, problematic, but I wanted to get my hands on another bottle of this one, along with its cousin=brothers....

Tahbilk 2009 Cabernet Franc (4* $14.45) Predictably, given the genetic relation to Cab Sauv there are the regulation aromatic Cab notes on the nose. Across the palate it isn't an overly elegant wine, but at this price point elegance usually isn't an option. Still, there's a hint of it lurking there. Aromatic and spicy with  varietal character it's got a certain raffish earthy charm. A pleasant little number that I'll be happy to revisit in the appropriate mixed dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment