Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baileys of Glenrowan 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon (Relocated)

Under normal circumstances I'm wary of the offshoots of the big corporates, but Baileys of Glenrowan occupies a special place in my personal wine iconography, thanks to the old HJT Liqueur Muscat, whichexplains the apparent inconsistency. I joined the 1870 Club because the freight free delivery would probably keep me in Liqueur Muscat and Tokay (along with thje odd bottle from Pfeiffers), but the 1904Block and 1920s Block Shiraz have found a niche in the wine fridge, and I may well be back for more of this one.

Baileys of Glenrowan 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon (4.5* $25) Arrived as part of 1870s Club shipment, and presumably available cellar door or phone call only, since it doesn't appear on the website. Surprisingly soft (I was expecting something substantially bigger) fruit-driven style with smoothly rounded tannins and a very moreish mouth-feel. May not be one for the long haul, but could well be part of a reorder after I've tried the other three reds in the pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment